During the week of July 25, 2007 through July 29, 2007 we learned about Behavior Mapping. Behavior mapping is direct observation by making a map and go out and observe what different things go on in the community. You can record different things such as: temperature, what the people are doing, and different things going in the community at that time. We also learned the following:
- Physical Features in a neighborhood can affect people behaviors.
- When people sit up under trees, they feel protected.
- Peole tend to sit where there are places to sit.
When you are creating a place where people can come and do what they do for fun( something kinda like a park or an open space) here are some things to have in mind...
- How far it is from the street?
- How much sun the area get?
- Are their trees around?
- Sittable space
Remember the most important thing about a space is its relationship with the STREET. Trees should be planted in groves quite close together. KEEP YOU UPDATED!!!!!!!!!!!